Friday, July 8, 2011

Cute Little Project for the Weekend!




I've seen these on several blogs including Becky Roberts at Inking Idaho. Must be a thing going around now so I jumped on the bandwagon. These are Butterfly Post It Notes. You could also use a flower die. You take a Post It that is 3 x 3. I understand the generic brand of post its fit the butterfly better than the 3M brand which I used. One tip of the wing is short on the name brand. You separate the post it pad into four sections and run each one through the machine with the die. Yes, it wil cut!!! Then I cut a similar or contrasting top and bottom cover from cardstock. On the purple butterfly I also used a vellum layer on top. Then cut a smaller butterfly in the same die. You can emboss the cs butterfly for more pizzaz. I like it embossed. Perhaps if you click on the picture you can see that. Then punch a hole in the wing. I used my Big Bite to do that and then insert the four layers through a small ring. Dress with a little bling or a sticker, you could even use a tag on it. I found the little "bling" butterflies in Michaels $1 bins. LOVE those $1 bins. These make quick and very inexpensive gift for the people in your life. Give it a try!

No comments: