Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Fall Garden



































































I try really hard when gardening to have some things blooming until almost the first frost. If you're in a similar climate I suggest Japanese Anemones and sedum seiboldii. Look at the gorgeous pink color in the garden. Also this black eyed susan vine really took off in August and is just knocking itself out with blooms even now. Of course, grasses always look nice and they will even get a darker rust color in some cases. Even the herbs, lemon balm and chives in the galvanized tub are healthy and beautiful. And of course there are mums. These against the front of the deck are coming out after their bloom period because they have gotten so enormous. But this variety just comes back year after year. Enjoy.....before the garden sleeps for the winter.

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I am so behind in visiting my friends! I love your beautiful garden - you are so lucky to have this loveliness to work in! Your Zentangles are so awesome! I keep trying to find time to add to mine!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane