Friday, January 6, 2012

First Creation of 2012





I made a pair of these cards with the idea in mind of using texture, white and one color. The white paper is Stampin Up and the lace medallion, cut with Spellbinders Lace Doily Motifs is a paper that came with my Cricut. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with a Spellbinders die. The diecut would not release from the die. I had to use several pokey tools to get it out and ruined a couple in the process. I think the problem was the paper was too thick. SU papers are heavy and I think a thinner weight paper would be better. The small medallion is a Spellbinders die also, Fleur de Lis Rectangles. The saying is also from SU, "Blessings from Heaven." The flower is Prima and I used the texture folder also from SU. The ribbon I had on hand. No clue where I got it. I also used a couple dots of" Bottle" Perfect Pearls. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay warm wherever you are!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty...and a great start for the New Year!

lynns said...

Love the colors and the textures. Happy New Year.
Lynn from Michigan

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Lovely creation, as always. You give everything a professional touch!

It's always so nice to see you over on Pinterest, my friend!

Hugs, Diane