Monday, February 25, 2008

Glitter Glitter Everywhere!!!




I decided to try a little Easter Basket. I got the SU template from my new friend Melhttp://melstampz.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html. Check out her blog for some wonderful cards and ideas. Of course I couldn't make it easy. I decided to cut the template into two parts. I made the egg shaped part from very sturdy green cardstock which I proceeded to glitter using Martha Stewart glitter applied after covering the surface (I thought) with Pallette Stamp and Stick Glue Pad. This was the first time I used this Pallette product and I thought it would be very straightforward. WRONG!!! The first coat, after heating, did not cause enough of the glitter to stick for good coverage. Had no choose but to apply again and heat and, of course, now I have a stamp and stick pad full of green glitter. Anybody know what you can do with this if anything??? Anyway I finally decided to try SU's Heat and Stick powder which gave me the coverage I needed. Go figure.




The reason I made two templates from the one was that I had some printed paper with grass on it so I made the sides of the basket with the grass paper. I'm not sure how clear that is in the picture but it looks really neat. So after getting the whole thing taped together, I added some green spanish moss and an old PSX image of a bee skep on the front. Kind of an adult image but this would be really cute with some bunnies, easter images, etc for children. Well, hey, adults need Easter baskets too, right!!!!

No comments: