Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All Over For Another Year

Well the big day has come and gone. I spent yesterday taking down the tree, packing all the interior decorations away, unloading a few on the side to go to Good Will, and cleaning house. A wonderful feeling. I am always excited to put the decorations away and I start organizing all my closets and pitching stuff . Then I go through the studio and pull stuff from there I'm never going to use. I ususally let it accumulate in boxes and then take it to our church flea market in the spring. We're laying wood floors on the second floor of our house and all the furniture had to be moved so it's a perfect time to clean out. I love the feeling of starting the New Year "unencumbered" with life's detritus. Anyone else feel the same?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love starting the New Year the same way. I am going through my paper and giving away to the school.

debbie

lynns said...

I actually hate putting the Christmas stuff away. It means the holiday season is over and the long cold months are beginning. This year I will be making an effort to stamp or papercraft on a regular basis, so I am actually looking forward to some long days. I am also giving/donating/selling a lot of my crafting stuff, so i am happy about lightening the load.
Happy New Year!