Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!


I sure hope the title is true because I can't remember a year where I wanted spring to come so badly. It's just been a bad year for our family and we're ready for a new outlook. To help that along, I created a pretty "springy" project yesterday. This is "Caged" by Lauren Meader and My Time Made Easy templates. It's in a soft creamy yellow and I used black and gray for accents. The roses are Prima I think and the tiny buds are from Recollections. The stems and leaves are a complimentary file from Lauren made to go with this cage. This is a very sturdy piece because you actually have a double base, the bottom of the cage and a fancy base which is a separate piece. It went together easily. For the picture I inserted a large battery operated candle and tried to get a shot of that so you could see it. You could also use a nest with an artificial bird in it, a yummy treat in a glassine bag, toiletries, etc. For added pizzaz I used a new double sided Martha Stewart punch from Michael's. Got that baby with a 50 off coupon. YAY! I hope this helps you look forward to Easter and better weather, wherever you are! Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

FredaB said...

This turned out very nice. I am just starting to get interested in the paper crafting, stamping, etc. and leaving crazy quilting for a change.

Hugs

FredaB