Friday, April 1, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!



I have been working up ideas for some bridal shower favors for a neighbor. I'd been wanting to try the Sizzix Scoreboard Cake Die and found it at a bargain price at JoAnn's online. A word of advice: these Scoreboard dies are meant to be used with chipboard, matboard, cereal box etc weight material and work better that way. This one is cardstock but I made another, undecorated, from a material called Craft-a-Board which cuts easily with the Sixxix and it made for a much sturdier cake. The rose on top is my version of the Tim Holtz rose using the Sizzix 3D Flower for the center. I put a little Martha Stewart punched trim around the base to hide the join seam and some Ruby Slippers Stickles on the lid petals. I have a feeling you'll be seeing more of these!

4 comments:

Createology said...

These are just perfect for a bridal shower and many more functions. Happy weekend...

Rochelle said...

This is beautiful!

Connie B. said...

Your cake favor is so pretty. Love it.. Looks like alot of work..

Denise G said...

these are so pretty.... so into cupcakes these days!