Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cooler.......at long last!

We are finally experiencing some more temperate weather than the 13 straight days of 100 or higher here in Maryland.  Whew!  I was inspired to make this card by one I saw on Pinterest and I failed to capture the name of the original cards maker.  I used SU Island Indigo cardstock and created the fancy border with the Martha Stewart Spiral Arches deep edge punch.  I highlited that with a little bling in the way of Stickles dots.  The rose was stamped with the  Fifth Avenue Floral stamp using Versamark and white detail embossing powder on a scrap of SU Designer Paper.  I then colored with TA DA--the new Tim Holtz Broken China marker and used his waterbrush to spread the color around.  This was my first time using the markers.  I mounted the rose on dimensionals and tucked some Memory Box floral die cuts behind it and the sentiment is from SU Blessings From Heaven.  I'm really loving this set of stamps.  It looked fine but at the last minute I added some dots of white with an Inkessentials white opaque pen and I think that made it!

Hope you are staying cool and comfortable where you are and using the indoor time to get a little creative.  Works for me!

No comments: