Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Triple Crown....

Yes ladies and gents, three posts in one day! I think I see snowflakes out there.....nah.  Anyway, the story on this card is thus:  Background papers and Basic Black and white from SU.  The red is also SU Real Red.  I used the TH Brick embossing folder on it and then distressed the embossing with Vintage Photo ink.  The door was cut from Memory Box's Madison door.  The little sentiments were punched with the SU labels punches.  The sentiments and the wonderful bunting are from the Patriotism on Parade stamp set by Flourishes. The trees were cut from  the evergreen stamp from In The Meadow stamp set by PTI.  I cut two at a time from Handsome Hunter Green and Garden Green, then cut the two whole trees in half and layered them on with dimensionals so that they were slightly offset.  I also "pounced" the top layers with Handsome Hunter for a little texture.  I'm really happy how this turned out and even though the 4th is gone, it's never out of style to be patriotic (uh, well, lately the administration discourages it and we all know what to do about that, don't we????  Hint: November!!!)  I hope you like all the cards today.  I had great fun but now the menfolk around here want dinner.  The maid is off today but I have some great leftover roast, corn on the cob and fresh string beans.  They'll have to settle. 

No comments: