Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fright Night in a Box ...2

Here are pictures of the book done on a blank chipboard mini book with four pages (that's all I could get in the box!). I used about a dozen different ribbons tied around the rings that hold the book together as well as a few charms including a large butterfly I colored with Tim Holtz alcohol inks, a key, and some gears.  The front cover is a large haunted house sticker I picked up at Michaels.  It has three layers and is very dimensional.  The moon came with it.  The second page is a game page with Trick or Treat card and vintage bingo markers, some dice and a few small Halloween type playing cards.  I believe all the papers on this page came from Crafty Secrets.  The next page is Best Witches with a holographic ancestor, a framed grouping of witches and a large witch sticker from this year's K & Co. collection. The next page is another large owl sticker from K&Co., a felt witches hat with beads which I made and a happy haunting card from Crafty Secrets. Another page has a G45 halloween poem card, a fortune telling gameboard, and a MS sticker from last year.  The Fright Night page has a witch I made from Character Constructions stamps.  The moon is G45,  Now the yellow and rust page shows a large laser cut card front I purchased eons ago along with its sentiment. Some Recollections florals and a creepy hand from Michaels finished it off. Lasty, the final page is a Tim Holtz tag I made a year or two ago and the word Halloween in blocks from Crafty Secrets collection. 

I had such great fun with this project and the whole thing took about 3 days to work on but I also did other things in between (like meals, laundry, and cleaning!!!  Eek!)  Hope you enjoyed seeing my project and will try out your creativity on your own Halloween decor.  If I can be of any help,don't hesitate to email me.  Enjoy the gorgeous fall weather!

2 comments:

lynns said...

You are so talented. I love the insides and outsides of the box.

Diane said...

Fantastic "piece of art" Mary...you are always so creative and inspiring!!