Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fright Night in a Box


I have a great new Halloween project to show you today.  I took an old cigar box and removed all the papers except the piece that hinged the box top and bottom together.  I then sanded and painted it flat black.  It was then covered with the new Graphic 45 Happy Haunting papers.  I used UHU glue and a brayer to get my papers nice and smooth and well adhered to the box.  Beginning with the top picture, you can see the front which was the main picture in this collection.  I added a black rose and leaves with an orange Prima flower in the center and a little sentiment from SU on a scalloped circle.  I also touched up the owls eyes with Stickles copper.  The next pictures shows the back which I chose not to embellish so the box would lay flat.  The third picture shows the spine with the G45 paper and a Tim Holtz owl and a small spot of bling on the clock.  The fourth pic, which isn't too clear, just shows the short sides of the box with a strip of Recollections halloween bling all around three sides. The next photo is of the inside of the box on the right side and the next shows the back side of the lid with a little hinged halloween paper doll I did some years back.  She moved all over the place but can be tucked back into place when the box is closed.  The inside of this project is shown in the next post.....a Halloween mini book!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Perfect "part 2" of your creation...I can see alot of thought and work went into this...great piece!!