This was made from an old Country Cupboard pattern called Folk Art Garden. The entire thing was done with a machine buttonhole stitch and I did a close up so you could kind of see that. I cut out all the appliques and stitched them down a couple months ago, and then it sat, staring at me each time I went in my sewing room. Finally, this past week, I got around to cutting out the scalloped background (2 layers). You stitch the appliqued piece to one piece then buttonhole stitch the two layers together. This way, no stitching shows on the back. I'm very happy with it and I hope you like it too.
We are expecting new kitchen cabinets to arrive in two weeks. I knew when we started this process back in June (yes June!) that it would end up smack dab in the middle of the Christmas season don't you know. It is what it is. I'll have to try and do before and after pics for you. The cabinets are barn red! Yes I said barn red. Can't wait!