Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vintage Christmas


This is a small gift I worked on yesterday for my very best friend.  She, like me, likes old things.  The silver sugar bowl I picked up at a yard sale.  The seam binding ribbon was tea dyed and the rhinestone in the center of the bow is vintage, cut from a larger pin. Some of the smaller pearls at the top are also vintage.  The star was also dyed and glittered with tea dye glitter.  The Peace sign was stamped and edged with TH Tea Dye ink.  I just love this piece and hope my friend does too.  I have to give thanks to Dawn Edmonds for the inspiration for this piece.  Thanks sweet Dawn!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Well, this is lovely Mary...she will love it...and I just took a bunch of these sugar bowls to the Goodwill...ugh!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Mary!! Your little Christmas tree is just beautiful dear friend!!!! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweet Mary, He hears our prayers and loves us so ~ sending you big hugs and much love across the miles, Dawn