Thursday, May 16, 2013

An Old Favorite

This is another favorite image I like to use when I'm making cards for myself to send and I want them to be sort of "all occasion."  It's such a sweet image and vintage-y looking too.  I've done it in the past as a one color ink card and also stamped and then colored in the dresses.  This time I'm using paper piecing.  You stamp the whole image on your surface and then you stamp parts of the image on designer paper and cut out.  Mounted with dimensionals, it looks three dimensional.  I made five of these yesterday-all different.  I'll just show you two.
 I used mostly all scraps except for the card base.  And I also wanted to show you the envelope I made for the strawberry cards in the post below.  Those cards were 5 x 7.  The envies were made with the new Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers.  Such a breeze to make an envelope.  You can only make them up to a 6 x 8.5 size because that takes a 12 x 12 piece of paper.  But there are many small sizes.    If I had had a strawberry printed paper, a liner would have been great!

No comments: