Monday, May 27, 2013

America: Home of the Free Because of the Brave



I decided to share a patriotic-themed card with you today.  The stamped images are from PTI's Summer Friendship Jar Fillers and Flourishes' Patriotic Parade.  I colored the stars with a metallic gold pen and added gold Stickle dots here and there among the fireworks.  This card would work for any patriotic holiday. 
 
I hope we all remember those Americans who unselfishly gave their lives so that the rest of us can practice all our "inalienable rights"  which, it seems, are swiftly disappearing. I am from a family where three brothers were in various brances of the service and my hubs is a Viet Nam vet. 
 
It is my sincere wish that all Americans will "wake up" to what is happening in this country and do whatever you can to make sure our children and the grands can enjoy the same freedoms and rights we do now.  It could all be a dream in just a very few years unless each of us does our part to keep that from happening.
 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

annes paperfun said...

Hi Mary
About my album...yes, the Dies only cut on the edge of the paper. No cut a strip and glue. It's hard to explane but I can show you i my next blogpost at Sizzix blog.uk ..next tuesday.Maybe I will show you how to do on a tag...
Hugs, Anne