Friday, September 12, 2008



OK on the left is a picture of my pattern after the circle is cut from the nestabilities large circles set. Also shows some of the circles after using the corner punches. The card is one I made using the part of the circle that was in the center. See you can do it either way. Use the center or use the circles perimeter as shown in the picture and mount a stamped image in the center. NOW, this is not an exact science. I recommend you just use some scrap and cut some circles. I used the large and second largest circles in the nestabilities set. You could cut your circles another way. The measurements of the two I used are 3 3/4" and 3 1/4" circles. Some of the corner punches fit the smaller circles and some fit the large. You have to play with it a little. And I will tell you that small mistakes don't show that much, really! This is a good thing as Martha says!!! Go to Becca's site and view the tutorial. She also has many samples of her drop dead gorgeous cards using this technique. She is one lovely lady and oh so talented! Tell her I sent you.
The pond pictures above show one reason I haven't been on much lately but I also have been dealing with a killer bone spur on one heel and I could hardly walk. Cortisone shots are helping but eventually more drastic measures will be taken I'm sure. I've been through this before on the other foot. And just a bunch of busy family things going on too. I appreciate your patience and hope to get back to my regular schedule. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, this is a great technique I also saw it earlier and you know what, I really don't even own ANY corner punches...more to purchase. I LOVE this card you made thought, very pretty!!! The pond is going to be great, too, wow, it is so big!!!!! Keep us posted!!! TFS!!

Carin said...

Your card is great & I love that technique too... I attempted a card using it last week with a picture... thought it made a nice frame.

Anonymous said...

Hello - I've been reading your blog for a short while now and these are gorgeous! I love that technique!So clever!
Barb M.