Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Introducing Renaissance Man



Here's what I've been doing in the last week. Been wanting to tackle this doll for a long time. The pattern is called The Ancestor by Anne Hesse. What? You didn't know I made dolls??? Absolutely. Used to do lots of crafts shows and made little country type dolls but I love doing the artsy dolls as well. He's made mostly of suedecloth, upholstery rems and quilting cottons. The face is clay and of course you embellish the life out of him. Mine is "quiet" compared to some I've seen. I'm trying to decide on a name for him. Any suggestions? Enjoy!

2 comments:

Whimcees said...

A doll! I love it! Now I know why you have been absent for awhile! :<)

It sounds like you had a great time creating him and he turned out wonderful! I will be looking forward to seeing what name you choose for him!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!!! And so is your rose tag and the ones below that!

Thanks for stopping by this morning!
I was finally able to get my tutorial posted for the mini file folder. I found them at Jo-Ann's near the pens in the craft area next to the scrapbook paper. But I've posted a pattern for you too!

Great job on all of your creations! Just love that rose!

Diane