Monday, June 6, 2011

Scrapping and Sewing

Did you have a nice weekend? The weather here was gorgeous both days, sunny breezy and relatively cool. But this week is supposed to be HOT. Yuck! I worked outside all yesterday afternoon getting a lot of shrubs trimmed. What a job!

Anyway, about this scrapbook page. This paper is gorgeous. The dressform is all glittered and the color of dark rusty tin. I'd been wanting to do a sewing related page for a long time. I used handmade and purchased flowoers, Recollections bling with the lace and the button frame is one I purchased just because I loved it, way back when I first started paper work. The little vintage sewing card inside the frame shows a Mother giving her young daughter her First Lesson. The tape measure was given to me with a lot of other sewing detritus from the estate of a neighbor who died at 96. This was such a fun page to do. Hope you like it!

No comments: