Thursday, September 17, 2009

Altered Gift Jar



After watching the tutorial on making these gorgeous water lilly flowers from Connie at Constantly Stamping, I decided to try one and when it turned out pretty decent, I took a jar from my altering stash (I think this had a candle in it at one time) and made this into a gift. It could be filled with kisses, fall candies, bath salts, small stamping supplies, tags, etc. This is an all SU project as I used Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum and Barely Banana for the flower, then Whisper White and Cottage Wall paper, Rich Razzleberry ribbon, the scalloped stamp punch and the new modern label punch. The sentiment is from Sweet Little Sentiments, one of my favorite word stamps. The flower itself was made from the Daisy Die with the Big Shot Machine. We all have lots of nice little jars from food, candles, other gift items etc. than we can clean up and use. My tip for old candle jars is this. When they are burned down as far as they go, put them in the freezer and let the wax harden. Usually you can then pop it right out. Clean out any leftover sticky labels or whatever with Good Gone, put it through the dishwasher and you have a nice re-usable jar. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Project Create said...

I love how your flower turned out, isn't that a great tutorial?
Thanks for sharing.