Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vintage-y Dress Forms



This is the back "page" of the Maya Road dress form chipboard book. It's different because it has the bottom part of the stand on it. I decided to do a black and white scheme on this one. The one on the bottom has an actual vintage measuring tape. My neighbor's sweet mother passed away last summer. Just this last week she gifted me with her Singer featherweight and a huge box of old sewing items AND the nightgown of a woman in the family who was a nun. When I get it washed and starched I'll show it to you. So many goodies in the box too. Miss Vicki was one of the sweetest women I've ever had the good fortune to meet, funny and sharp even at 96, and a great loss to us all. Well, I'm off to do a bunch of errands and then back to more dress forms. There are still 3 more pages to do!!!!

No comments: