Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Well it's with a heavy heart indeed that I am here today to tell you that the hearing did not go well yesterday. I was granted a peace order against my neighbor but he was also granted one against me. The judge let him stand up there and tell a pack of lies and his wife testified to what she saw and heard which were also lies. When it was my turn he wouldn't accept a notarized letter from neighbor. He said I had to have witnesses. None of my neighbors would come because they are afraid of him. I also had proof that he lied on his peace order application and was not allowed to present that because it had to concern an action in the last 30 days and yet he was allowed to go back months while spitting out his lies. I got what I wanted in the end but I was also subjected to a humiliating experience at the hands of this man and the judge who was obviously prejudiced toward women. I always thought if you told the truth everything would come out right. I'm here to tell you faithful readers that it doesn't work that way. And I've also learned to take it with a grain of salt when people say they are your friends. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us. I'm still in need of that. My faith in humanity is really shaken.

2 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello,

I am sorry that you had to go through that experience. It is a rude awakening to be witness to something like this.

I am no believer in a perfect world, but this past 4 years I have seen enough abuse of power, betrayal, humiliation, lies and deceit in an ongoing battle for my oldest son who is in a group home - to last a lifetime. I wish it was over but it continues in major areas to this day. Because it is my son, I fight and endure - but it is difficult.

Try to put this behind you and don't lose your faith in people - there are many, many good people out there - in all walks of life. One does come to know who is a true friend and who is not and this can be painful. But you have your family who love you and that is all that matters.

Wishing you a better day! Let's see some of your great creations soon! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

5price4ever said...

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through that pain. I know that it is hard to be honest and good in a world that is telling us that it isnt ok to tell the truth. Don't lose your faith in your fellow man. There are ALOT of good people out there. Plus I strongly believe " What comes around, Goes around." Smile!!!! Life is WONDERFUL!!!! So go and craft something FABULOUS!!!!