Sunday, November 7, 2010

Star Box #3







I purchased some more 12 x 12 heavy paper to make another Star Box. This was Co-ordinations White Wash paper. It's textured and very heavy so it was great for a box. I decided to go sort of shabby, vintage-y. I barely edged the box with Vintage Photo ink, then covered the lid with distressed glitter. I spent this afternoon cutting out Tim Holtz reindeer, backing them with cardstock and distressing them also with Vintage Photo. The kicker on this one is the flowers. These are flowers made from......wait for it.....CRINOLINE! Yes, you remember crinoline from when we were little girls. Well JoAnn sells it by the yard and I marched myself up there to get some because I had seen Tammy Tutterow's blog post on making these flowers. Check it out here (http://tammytutterow.typepad.com/tammy_tutterow/2010/11/tutorial-crinoline-tattered-roses.html). They're so beautiful and if you follow her directions you should do fine. My second one was better than my first. I used Glimmer Mist to color mine, two large ones and two small ones from the TH Tattered Flowers die. Perched on top is the reindeer also covered in sheet music (which you can't see!) and distressed glitter. The bottom of the box is stamped with a small snowflake in Vintage Photo. I love how it came out. I think there are more of these boxes in my creative future. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Mary!!!
Hugs, Diane

Elly said...

Hi Mary,

Just came by to say hello, and saw your beautifull starboxes...they are great.

hugs, Elly