Monday, January 17, 2011

A Rose in Winter

I think I was going to explode if I didn't do something creative! Don't know if you've seen all the instructions on You Tube and elsewhere for making the Camelot flowers from Prima. I started out to do that but then went off and kind of did my own thing. I used the Tim Holtz Tattered FLorals die, 3 of the large and two of the small and then for the center I used the Sizzix 3D flower rose. I spritzed first with the new Perfect Pearls Mist, Heirloom Gold and I think if you click on the picture you can see the effect. The leaves were also a Sizzix die, distressed with Forest Moss and Crushed Olive. The sentiment is from PTI's Dress Form stamp set. The paper is K&Co. Madeline. Just felt like doing a flower today!

2 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Wow-this is gorgeous Mary! I love paper flowers and the dimensional layers are stunning!
Joyce

Diane said...

Mary this is beautiful.....I clicked on it and saw all the pretty shimmery details...I always love your flowers and have the beautiful rose tag on display that you sent me last year!