Friday, August 26, 2011

Are You Prepared???







As if an earthquake wasn't bad enough, now we here on the East Coast are bracing for appears to be a very bad hurricane! I am preparing by making a couple tags today to share with you. Both tags use a new product called Goosebumps by Tsukineko. It's a texture spray. On these tags, I sprayed Goosebumps, dried with a heat gun, then distressed with ink. Then I sprayed again, dried and used a different color ink. Then embellished. The Goosebumps acts as a resist so you get a textured mottled spotty kind of look. Very nice. I found it at Michaels which shocked me that they even had it but I know it's available online a lot of places. The faith tag has a large flower I made, a smaller prima flower, a few vintage religious articles and the Faith bingo card. If you're a catholic, you'll get the tongue in cheek innuendo there! The other card of course is Halloween using Tim and Martha dies, stamps and paper. All the inks used were Tim Holtz Distressed inks on both tags. Be sure to click to see the pics larger and hopefully maybe you can catch the texture effect. Stay safe and dry!!!

6 comments:

Robin said...

These tags are absolutely fabulous!! Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Scrap for Joy said...

Your tags are great...I really love the faith one....B 48. :D
xoxo
Joyce
Our 3 kids are in the D.C. area, NYC and Long Island...we're watching this storm very closly!

lynn said...

gosh i love the tag with the faith.. do you have an etsy? that new technique is gorgeous... im gonna have to try that.. thanks for sharing
:)
big ladybug hugs
lynn

FredaB said...

Great tags. I will have to look for it at Michaels.

Hugs

FredaB

kathy said...

Hello , can't say how I found your blog ?? But i certainly love your style !! looked at some of your past blogs . You were in someones fav list and I clicked --I too bought the Goosebumps !! was surprised also that Michaels had it -- love Tim holtz and they are usually a year behind getting his products -- have never had his dies -- -- SEEms like i saw it used in a vid by following the paper trail .!! can't wait to use it -- Kathy - ga ♥

Anonymous said...

Mary, hope all is well there, especially weather-wise!

Hugs, Diane