Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration











Here are two views of a little card I did this afternoon. The background was the most fun. I saw this technique on Stamp TV. You take a piece of DP. I think it should be what I call a "quiet" print, in other words not a large print or loud motifs on it. I used SU's Newsprint. Then I ran it through the machine with Tim Holtz clocks embossing folder. Then I used Black Soot Distress Ink brushed across the raised portion, just very lightly so you don't tear the paper. Then I used some Vintage Photo around the edges for a vintage look. I stamped the clock and the saying from SU 's a Sense of Time set. Then I cut them out with Nestabilities scalloped circles and long rectangles. Distressed them with Vintage Photo. With a little black sheer ribbon and a TH charm that says Moments, I completed it. Be sure to click on the pictures to enlarge them to get a really good look at the background.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That is a beautiful card!!!!! Thanks for sharing!