Friday, October 19, 2012


I have a little card for you I made today.  The stamps are very old but the technique is NEW!  I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder of a honeycombed background , and in the center to leave an open area for stamping,
 I used the Tim Holtz Embossing Diffuser.  You can place the diffuser anywhere on your embossed image for an open space.  It comes in ovals and circles but I think they are going to release squares and rectangles later....I think.  You insert your paper in the embossing folder as usual then place the diffuser ON TOP of the embossing folder and run the whole sandwich through your Big Shot or Vagabond, and this is important, without the top plate!  The Diffuser takes the place of one of your plates.  Kind of fun huh! The stamped image was colored in with Copics and I used Antique Linen and Vintage Phot with an inking tool to go over the honeycombed background to highlight it just a little.  On the inside, I stamped a little bee in the corner! 

BTW, the cutouts of the Diffusers, can also be used in the same manner to create say an oval or circular area of just embossing anywhere on your card.  All kinds of creative possibilities with these.  I also got some new dies from Stampin' Up but could not get the leaves and snowflakes I made with them show up very well.  I'll keep trying.  Enjoy the beautiful fall weekend we are supposed to have!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Pretty card Mary...nice technique!