Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Still Here Faithful Readers!


I'm still here everyone, just have been busy the last few days doing yard work. You've all seen pictures of our pond and my DS has decided we need a bigger, deeper, pond. SO I have been clearing part of the garden to make room and transplanting flowers. Everything looks good so far as we are having several days of light steady rain.
I finally got my first SU order from the new catty. I am in rubber heaven and our new papers are delish! We have a lot of train enthusiasts among our family and friends and I couldn't resist this new set Happiness is a Journey. There's a color picture of this in the catty and it took me awhile to figure out how they did this background. Well, here's how I did it. This is a reverse image stamp, so I turned the stamp over and sponged Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Going Grey and Chocolate Chip across the stamp, then stamped. It came out great. You could easily change the look of the card by changing the colors. So many places have train rides to see fall foliage. We have one here in the mountainous western part of Maryland and it's an antique train. Tickets always sell out. This would be so pretty in fall colors. This is going tomorrow to a dear friend who lost his wife a year ago and he is a BIG train person. I hope he enjoys it. I'll be back soon with more creations from the new rubber.

No comments: