Sunday, August 24, 2008

Productive Sunday Afternoon


This has been quite a productive day for me. DH is fixing dinner and I went to Mass yesterday. So today was a play day. You can see the result here and below. This is the new Cuttlebug Christmas Tree embossing folder. I embossed on 140 lb. watercolor paper which really gives you a hugely raised image, much better than regular card stock. Try it. I did another but different embossed image a few days ago and tried to color it and was not happy. Here's one trick I discovered. Use a sponge dauber, lightly dab it on your chosen ink color, then lightly rub across your image. You may need to go back for more ink and do this several times until you get the depth of color you want. On this image, I then added gold Stickles for highlight and mounted it on the Garden Green cs. This image is larger and does not fit well on an A2 sized card so this card is actually 4.5 x 6 so it will need a custom made envelope which I hate doing BUT I think the effect is worth it. LOVE this card! Now I want to try the same technique on the Haunted Halloween House folder on black cs.

No comments: