Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Night in the Swamp


I'm not totally thrilled with this card. It didn't turn out as I expected. The star is too stark. Anyway, I brayered on SU Not Quite Navy, , Brocade Blue and Bordering Blue on Whisper White CS. I used a MS star punch as a mask while I did the brayering. Then I stamped the grasses from SU Inspired by Nature, added some lines with the Versamark pen, added Heat and Stick, heated with the heat gun and then Diamond Dust glitter. Used the small and medium punch with a sentiment in Not Quite Navy from Verve Visual Winter Wonder. Lastly, I added some Crystal Stickles.
My brother had a bad weekend but finally had his feeding tube inserted in the stomach yesterday. He was pretty good today, wanting to go home. Little does he know a rehab facility for acute stroke lies between him and home. He has a long way to go and is so beaten back by everything that has happened. I pray for some forward progress and a merciful solution to all of this mess. Thanks to all for your prayers and encouragement.

2 comments:

Carin said...

I love the Christmas in the swamp... very pretty.

Shirley said...

Although insurance can have an effect on hosopital stays, they wouldn't send him to a facility if he hadn't progressed some. I hope he continues to make progress. It might be hard for family members to notice because they see him every day too.

Your card is just so lovely! I think your sparkle is one the contributing factors. A really gorgeous card.