Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Shaker Gift Box



For those of you who have the SU Sizzix Big Shot, this is just the coolest thing! I found this Sizzix die called Shaker Box at a local craft store. It is one of the Bigz dies meaning that the die is approx 6 x 13". You have to have the special elongated cutting pads to use this on your machine. The box itself is one piece. When you cut it out, the score lines are shown and all you have to do is fold and add some sticky tape to hold it together. If you use a double sided paper like this K&Co. Christmas Cheer, it looks just as nice on the inside as the outside. The only complaint I have, and you can see it on the open box, is that when folded this paper shows the white core a little. A pet peeve of mine! I found that six Hershey nuggets fit nice in the box but you could also use M&M's, kisses, small candies, a piece of jewelry, paper tags, etc. I am sure you can come up with lots of things that would go. The finished size of the box is 3 x 3 x 5/8" deep. You use a 2.5" square of acetate to cover the opening in the lid. Then you can add a stamped sentiment as I did on the inside or outside of the box. I used Punches Three embossed in gold on watercolor paper and cut it out with the scalloped square punch from SU. I then closed the lid and tied with some Michael's glitzy ribbon. Quite a nice presentation for a co-worker, friend, family member, stocking stuffer, etc. And think of all the occasions you could use this box for....Valentine Day, Halloween treats, Christmas, Easter, etc. The die makes the box making so quick and easy!
If you don't have a Big Shot machine, contact me for a special price on one if you order before Christmas. I have to tell you, it will revolutionize your papercrafting. There are just soooo many neat things to do with this machine and so many nifty dies out now. It's a solid machine and will last a looooong time! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love your box and now am trying to think what I could do to put it through the Cuttlebug with maneuvered longer plates. LOL