Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!





I was determined to start the year with a card on the very first day but my computer had other ideas! I finally got the pics downloaded but they're not the best. This template is the Sizzix Scallop Card template. It's one piece and I folded it in half on the given score line and then I folded each end into the middle to make four sections. The paper is a mix of Basic Grey, SU and a print from Mike's. The stamp sets I used are SU Puns From The Past, Crafty Secrets Sew Special and See D's Victorian Dressmaker, I used SU Inks Garden Green, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Bordering Blue and Always Artichoke. The frame on the second section is a Tim Holtz Grungeboard piece accented with Distress Stickles Peeling Paint. I used Nesties on the third section for the little sewing machine and the SU Scallop Punch on the last section. This will make a great card for a sewing friend. If you have any questions about it, please let me know. I hope 2009 will be a peaceful and blessed year for all of you and my wish for you is that you find some time each day to do the work you love. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Anne Anderson said...

What a beautiful card. Happy New Year to you.

Krista said...

Love the vintage look and the theme. Great card! Please keep us updated on your brother, my prayers are with you.