Monday, January 19, 2009

Valentine in a Tin Favor Box

Be sure to click on these pictures to see a larger view. It's snowing here today and the light isn't quite right for picture taking! This little project is just the cutest thing! I got it from Catherine Harwood who got her original idea from a halloween card in a tin box project from http://www.sohappytostamp.typepad.com/. I will find Catherine's blog for you if I can so you'll have the tutorial. I did not have a large SU alphabet set to I used a Martha Stewart one. You also need the SU scallop punch and the 1.25 and 1.375 circles punches, some red and pink and chocolate papers of your choice and some ribbon. It all folds accordian like into one of the small wedding favor tins available at Michael's or JoAnn's. Both stores have the same price on these but get this: at Mike's you get 30 in a can for $20 but at JoAnn's you get 25 Wilton brand for $20. I also saw them 3-$1 at the dollar store which works out to the same price. Use a 50% off coupon. You can really say anything you want on this as long as the finished product fits in the tin. You fold the ribbon in at the end and close the top. I think it's an adorable little project and I hope you enjoy it too.









2 comments:

Diane said...

Very cute, I saw these on SCS...love how they fit in that little tin. I saw the itns at Walmart, too, around $18 I think, so much better deal at Mike's with the coupon!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Is there instructions for these.
Thanks, Trina