Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Christmas Tree Dilemma


For the last five years or so we have given up putting up a Christmas tree. My children are all adults, there are no grand children, and it just seemed like too much work. And You Know WHO does the work! But this year I inherited a multitude of old glass christmas balls from my Mother In Law. I had quite a few myself from my parents. So now I am debating about purchasing a tree, probably artificial because they are so nice now, and displaying these lovely ornaments. While pondering if I really want to do that or not, I made this little card with an Outlines tree stamp. I stamped two layers, colored them with Copics, and layered every other triangle and added stickles to the stars for bling. The band was done with a new Martha Stewart border punch called pines. The sentiment is SU Home for Christmas stamped with Bravo Burgundy ink and I added two small pewter tree brads. Hmmm, if only the artificial one was this quick and easy..........

2 comments:

Diane said...

I say put a tree up....I have tohave one every year..and I do all the work...but I enjoy it! Very cute card...again lots of pretty details!

Teri said...

Get a "skinny" one like I did that is also prelit. Once you get all of the decorations on it, it will be beautiful.