Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christmas Cardinal


When I saw A Cardinal Christmas in the SU Holiday Mini catalogue I had to have it. I love birds. We have several feeding and watering stations in our back yard and it amuses me immensely to watch these guys go about their daily business. But boy was this hard to color. I'm not sure I got this right but I think I can improve on the next one. I used SU Real Red and Bravo Burgundy CS. The image was colored with SU inks and an Aqua Brush on 140 lb. watercolor paper then cut out with the two largest scalloped oval Nesties. The DP is K&Co. new Christmas Cheer paper which is just beautiful. Michael's has it and you can use a coupon there. Sentiment is also from A Cardinal Christmas.

1 comment:

Anne Anderson said...

OH I love this cardnial. I think you did a beautiful job on this. Keep up the great work!!! I just love visiting your blog everyday.