Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Halloween Queen

Hi everyone! I hope it's cooler where you are because it's awful here. I have been soooo behind in posting any projects because I have been so busy.....aren't we all? Anywho, I have a queen for you today. She is the Queen of Halloween. This little darling is made from a stamp called Lottie by Pink Persimmon. She's quite large as paper dolls go and I had so much fun with her. I used Copics for coloring her head and arms. The crown is grungeboard painted with Peeled Paint Distress paint. The pattern for the dress is on PP's website and you can download that and the body pattern. The stamp comes with head, face shadow stamp, arms and legs. I used three of the new MS Halloween border punches for the trim on her dress as well as some braid and ribbon. Everything was sponged with Vintage Photo ink. The skeleton is also grungeboard and done with black marker, Black Diamond Stickles and a little glitter. I think I overdid it with all the jewels.......but after all she is the queen! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Okay, she is really cool, now you make me want those darn punches...thanks for enabling!!!!

Darcy said...

She is beautiful (and a girl can never have too many jewels!) She looks great and so spooky too!

Scrap for Joy said...

What a genious idea for the border punches! I love your Queenie-she's lovely and not a bit frightening!