Sunday, June 21, 2009

Where did June go?


Where has this month gone? And why haven't we had any real summer weather? I feel like I live in Seattle instead of Maryland. Rain, cloudy, more rain, still more rain.......it's enough to make you depressed. But right around the corner is coming the 4th of July. I decided to make a little patriotic card for the occasion using Papertrey's new Vintage Picnic set. I don't remember when I have been so impressed with a set of stamps. You will be seeing lots more samples using this set so I hope you like it too. There are 5 different baskets and too many toppers to mention but pretty much all holidays and seasons are covered. This one is on Kraft CS and I used Bravo Burgundy, Night of Navy, Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue. I think I could have done a better job with Copics because they have such a fine tip but I don't have any ( have to remedy that soooooon!!) so I just used the blender pen VERY CAREFULLY! Then I used Papertrey's Green Thumb for the fireworks. It's the top of a flower! Added some Stickles for pizzaz and some Night of Navy ribbon on a Spellbinders Ribbon Tag. Distressed everything and there you are! I also have to give a nod to Mish Wooderson for the inspiration for the coloring.

1 comment:

Anne Anderson said...

This is so cool. I love it. Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays!!!!!