Sunday, March 24, 2013

Remember Paper Dolls?

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a new product as I have been about these Mixed Media doll stamps from Prima.  There are six stamps in the series (and more to come I hear!).  Prima also made a special acrylic stamping block for these very long stamps.  And the large tags are also extrea heavy and long, also by Prima. They were designed by Julie Nutting ( she has a video on You Tube about them) and she also has a book out called Collage Couture.  AND, she has a new book coming out next year.  Can't wait!

I used LOTS of products on this little miss.  She was paper pieced and her jacket was colored with Copic markers.  Her skin was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with their colorless blender pencil.  Her headband is gold Stickles.  Papers are SU.  Flowers are Prima and Recollections.  Stamped sentiments are Wendy Vecchi and Tim Holtz.  I defined her features and her outfit with a .01 Pigma pen.  The punch used on the tan paper is a Martha Stewart.  The scalloped green is a small section of circular notepaper that SU made a few years ago.  I dyed the seam binding with Dylusions and Adirondack sprays.

These stamps flew out of stores and online stores as soon as they were made.  I think some places are getting them in again.  I got mine from 3 different sources!  I hope you will give them a try.  I'm thinking of a banner with a different doll on each pennant!  Or a scrapbook page for a teenage girl.  Tags, cards, so many possibilities!  Have fun!

1 comment:

Diane said...

She's really "cool" Mary...I clicked on her to get the full view...love her bling of "stickles"....I can see where these are going to be very addicting!!